My coaching approach embraces the following core tenets:
- Coaching is about leading from behind and asking thoughtful questions geared to increasing the client’s capacity for showing up more authentically in life.
- The coach creates a safe, non-judgmental environment in which the client can work through challenges and pursue stretch goals.
- Through attentive listening, discovery questioning, and appropriate challenging, the coach can guide the client to new awareness about his/her situation, enabling the client to take intentional actions toward a desired outcome.
- Coaching is future-directed. Coaching honors history and leverages experience, while focusing on the future the client wants to create.
- Effective coaching relies on the client's commitment and willingness to take actions that are in line with her/his stated values and vision.
Questions that clients address in coaching include:
- What is my next chapter? What makes my growth and development important now?
- How do I show up more of a leader?
- How do I manage as a more empathetic boss and better listener?
- What is getting in my way?
- What are my limiting beliefs?
- How can I better leverage my core strengths?
- How will I sustain and build on my progress?
Results from coaching should be sustainable results such as:
- A reinvigorated sense of purpose
- A compelling vision that inspires action
- Increased confidence and resulting ability to inspire and influence others
- Improved alignment and synergy with your business
- Increased creativity and innovation
- Improved traction towards long term goals
- Enhanced work/life balance and company culture